Pig Roast to Benefit the Corey Gilger Foundation
Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 4 pm at the Gilger house.
- All you can eat and drink.
- Live band performance by The Boatmen.
- $5 raffles include handmade quilt, basket of cheer, $100 worth of scratch off tickets,
gift certificate to the Tune Inn Restaurant.
Must be 18 to attend.
4th Annual Corey Gilger Foundation Golf Tournament
Friday, September 28, at The South Course at Andrews AFB
9:30 am Shotgun Start
Check-in begins at 8:00 am
Register to Play Sponsor a Hole
The Courses at Andrews Airforce Base (AFB) will host the 4th Annual Corey Gilger Foundation Golf Tournament. Players will enjoy the well-groomed South Course. The facilities also feature three practice putting greens, two private practice areas, and a driving range. Andrews AFB is located in Maryland, only a short 15-minute drive from Washington, DC and Virginia.
Directions to course
Course layout and statistics
The dinner dance & silent auction, motorcycle poker run, and golf tournament are scheduled to be held annually. Be sure to join our mailing list so you don't miss the details about upcoming events.
- Golf Tournament (October 2010) - Once again, the golf tournament was a huge success! Even though it was cold and windy, the diehard Corey Gilger Foundation supporters showed up, played golf, and raised more than $7,000 for the foundation! Thanks to all who came out to support us!
- High Point University (Fall 2010) - High Point University's Leadership Development Class, led by Human Relations, Sociology and Non-Profit Leadership Department Chair Dr. David Bergen, graciously selected the CGF to be the focus of their community service outreach for the fall semester. They contributed fundraising and assistance ideas, such as networking and developing press kits to seek funding from corporate sponsors.
- Dinner Dance & Silent Auction (July 2010) - More than 200 supporters attended the event at the American Legion in Chesapeake Beach. Ticket sales, various raffles, and the silent auction collectively raised more than $12,000, which went directly to the foundation. We exceeded last year's total by over $2,000! Thanks to all who attended, contributed, donated and participated (including the band - our friends Old School Abbey)! A special thanks to Janie Hanko and the American Legion - we couldn't have done it without you!
- The Greene Turtle (January 2010) - A percentage of the day's sales at the Prince Frederick restaurant, along with sales of CGF merchandise, brought in nearly $600.
- Blair Cabaret 2009: Many thanks to Lyndsay Rini and Anthony Carrell for directing, producing and performing in the Montgomery Blair High School Cabaret! This event raised over $700 for the foundation! Thank you Lyndsay, Anthony, all of the performing students, and Montgomery Blair High School!
- Golf Tournament (August 2009) - Nearly 100 golfers participated in the best-ball tournament held at the Marlborough County Club. The event included door prizes, special awards, and a luncheon. Numerous CGF supporters volunteered to help run the tournament, which raised $8000 for the foundation.
- Motorcycle Poker Run (July 2009) - This event, planned and hosted by Cathy Shumaker and Steve Alderson, raised more than $2000. The winner of the raffle for a handmade Harley Davidson quilt donated it back to the foundation, and the Gilger family plans to donate it for another raffle at the next poker run.